Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Plan, Implement, and Evaluate the annual membership renewal campaign. This includes performance of necessary financial and business trend analysis, and production of plans to both retain existing membership and expand the Council’s membership base to end-user companies such as manufacturers and retailers.
– Targeting new areas for membership and writing collateral materials
– Responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Council membership drive, and responsibility for attainment of association revenue goals
– Work with the Events Manager to plan, implement and evaluate the Council’s membership initiatives at all events, activities and other industry events.
– Perform membership financial analysis, and membership trend analysis.
– Create an operations plan and business plan around membership recruitment and include planning and execution that will bring new member growth to the Council.
– Work with the Executive Director to establish annual goals for new member revenue.
– Recruit and train a volunteer committee to work on the Council membership activity.
– Supervise the production of all material for the Council membership initiatives
– Produce and have available for the board members a monthly report on membership activity, including renewal progress, new member data, and highlight any industry trends that may have impact (positive or negative) on the Council’s membership initiatives.
– Assure an accurate database is maintained for all the Council members.
– Work with the membership committee to plan, implement, and evaluate long term strategy for membership retention
– Maintain data concerning the history of the Council membership rolls.
– Professionally handle membership inquiries, requests for data and complaints
– Work with the Marketing Manager to assure that all membership collateral is up to date and accurately states the Council’s member value proposition and stated benefits.
– Work with the Marketing Manager to assure that the Council’s mission and vision are networked throughout the supply chain, sourcing, procurement, manufacturing, logistics and IT communities.
– Attend in person the Council Board meetings as requested by the Executive Director.
– Be accessible to all members returning all calls within 24 hours.
– Assure the accurate representation of the Council membership numbers in the annual report.
– Supervise the maintenance of membership records, and database format.
– With the Executive Director, participate in budgeting exercises around membership income, goals and objectives.
– Any other task as assigned by the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will have:
– Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
– 2-3 years experience in association management in the area of Membership. Background in all marketing disciplines e.g. Advertising, promotions, database management, pricing, analysis, etc..
– Proven success in achieving membership and revenue growth
– Self directed
– Strength in management of staff
– Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
– Web marketing knowledge
Salary commensurate with experience for all the above positions. If you are interested in working with us or want to know more about the kind of opportunities available with us drop a mail to career [at] chainmedia.com.