Primary responsibilities include: determining who receives which direct marketing collateral material to optimize profitability and long term growth, managing an ongoing prospecting strategy to provide new customers and business leads, and reporting on vital statistics of the Council members and prospects. These statistics will include retention, short/long term value, customer marketing ROI, response rates and similar comparisons.
The Marketing Manager will:
• Formulate and implement an annual marketing plan;
• Manage the global execution of the core contact strategy to insure all direct marketing is on time, distributed to the correct demographics to maximize revenue and profit, and is measurable;
• Identify and select promotional activity including public relations and advertising through all potential media;
• Plan quarterly product promotion schedules as well as seasonal programs to capitalize on tie-in sales;
• Identify, utilize and manage third party companies for licensed promotions and co-branding;
• Design and develop all sales and merchandising tools required to facilitate sales of products and services, including graphics design, emails, brochures, displays, promotional materials, scripts and signage;
• Develop and manage barters agreements with magazines, websites and trade shows;
• Assess results of each marketing effort and provide recommendations for future initiatives;
• Continuously refine and execute marketing strategies including core direct marketing contact strategy;
• Provide support in developing and launching new initiatives to help grow business;
• Monitor and analyze industry trends and monitor competitors; and
• Manage all marketing-related vendors.
The successful candidate will have:
• 2-3 years experience in a business-to-business direct marketing environment with a track-record of proven success;
• Solid expertise in database marketing with a deep understanding of data structure and the ability to create it;
• Demonstrated knowledge of e-commerce, business strategy development and integrating printed and online media;
• Proven experience in customer relationship marketing and a working knowledge of offline and online media;
• Ideally, experience in seminar and/or professional association marketing;
• Experience in managing and executing market research projects and the ability to interpret results;
• A broad range of experience in planning and meeting financial objectives;
• A focus on high quality outcomes and business profit;
• Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills and PC proficiency;
• The ability to think creatively, take initiative, multitask and manage projects under pressure;
• An unwavering persistence, commitment, passion and enthusiasm for this work;
• Experience working with and managing outside vendors;
• Excellent written and verbal skills; and
• The ability to simplify the complex and present results in easy to understand ways.
Salary commensurate with experience for all the above positions. If you are interested in working with us or want to know more about the kind of opportunities available with us drop a mail to career [at] chainmedia.com.