The Council runs 30-40 events per year – both face to face and online – for the benefit of its members, providing opportunities for business networking and sharing of business experiences. Are you a positive, enthusiastic person with excellent people skills? Can you work on and coordinate multiple activities simultaneously whilst paying strict attention to detail? Are you organised, methodical and practical? Are you looking for a job where your self-motivation, ideas and initiative will be applauded? Do you thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment?
The Event Manager will:
– Plans and coordinates over 50 events each year including workgroups, seminars, site tours, trainings, trade shows, conferences and summits;
– Work to plan an entire event to include all aspects of pre-planning, on-site, and post-planning activities;
– Works with the Executive Director on confirming and scheduling the program.
– Helps develop the schedule and agenda of each event with speakers;
– Manage the events collaterals such as printed program including among others proofread all content for accuracy, design consistent evaluation forms, help monitor publication process with the art department, printer.
– Drive the venue selection process such as leading the research of venues, assist with contacting properties and secure proposals by RFP, provide proposal reports to Executive Director for their final selection, negotiate excellent contracts, keeps effective communications with possible venue sites and notify hotels that were not selected.
– Assist with development and printing of marketing materials for each event;
– Supervise events logistics (AV, F & B, security, room sets, faculty communications, etc)
– Provides on-site coordination and support when appropriate. Keeps the highest level of quality, professionalism and integrity with all customers, internal and external.
– Supervise all tasks and job lists as described in the master event check-list.
The successful candidate will have:
– The ability to lift up to 20 kgs in order to move conference or planning materials onto carts, dollies, and other transportation;
– Minimum of two years of meeting planning experience (association meeting experience a plus)
– Sophisticated verbal skills; conscientious interest in problem-solving and initiative, creativity and determination to evolve successful solutions.
– Team player who is accountable for initiating and monitoring projects through to completion.
– High energy, versatile and multi task oriented, self-directed and good analytical and organizational skills with consistent attention to detail.
– Computer literate with the “Can Do” approach to different and diverse software packages including Smith Abbott, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
– Excellent written communication skills with the required skills to provide professional proofing and editing.
– Must be a positive team player in a challenging and changing environment; includes working with and being dependent upon a broad range and levels of personnel.
– Flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines. Excellent focus and a good sense of priorities.
– The ability to stand for extended periods of time at conference events.
– Understands the considerations and values of a non-profit, membership-based organisation
– Ability to work flexible hours including regular early morning, evening and weekend events as required
– Excellent English language skills
Salary commensurate with experience for all the above positions. If you are interested in working with us or want to know more about the kind of opportunities available with us drop a mail to career [at] chainmedia.com.